eMMC & NAND flash & MCP

I am familiar to eMMC and NAND flash until I got the first job
EMMC is the first job that I owned, and let me introduce it a little bit
EMMC is an Embedded MultiMedia card on board
Multimedia card is an old type card, the newer one is SD
But the controller of eMMC and SD is almost the same
There are some similar name of eMMC.
In Hynix, they call it eNAND
In Sandisk, they have iNAND, but I am not sure it's the same thing or not

NAND flash is the second component that I have touched
But actually eMMC and SD are the first two
Let's talk about NAND flash
NAND flash is used in PC, NB, and lots of 3c devices
It is faster and much stable than eMMC now, but not faster like DDR ram
In mobile device, we can easily find MCP, that is combined DDR ram and NAND flash normally
Sometimes, you can find 3 in 1, DDR, NAND, and eMMC

The difference between eMMC and NAND is:
EMMC, same as MLC, it includes controller inside
NAND, same as SLC, it needs controller that supported from the board
The file system on them are different too
EMMC could use FAT, EXT3, ...
NAND flash could only use JFFS2 & YAFFS2
But there is some development about using EXT3 on NAND, it could speed up NAND flash

Recently, I focus on these storage, memory components
There are lots of issue could study and discover, it's quite interesting
Most recently, I study about the bad block marking mechanism of NAND on Qualcomm controller
Before, I study about eMMC/SD driver from Qualcomm platform